Solution 1 – Check the outlook setting again
Use the following settings for your internet email account in Outlook 2007:
- Open Outlook 2007 click on Tools > Account Settings > double click on the problem email account > click on More Settings > Advanced
- Ensure the SMTP Port number is set as 587 for the Outgoing Server and encryption as TLS
- Ensure to check the My Outgoing Server requires Authentication option under the Outgoing Server tab in More Settings
Solution 2 – Reconfigure Firewall
Even though you configured email incoming and outgoing ports, the problem might persist. And Firewall might be the one causing the error. It’s not common for Windows Firewall to block trusted Windows features, but, apparently, this can happen from time to time.
In order to confirm that Firewall is indeed allowing Outlook to access the internet, follow the instructions below:
- In the Windows Search bar, type Firewall and open Windows Firewall.
- From the left pane, click on ”Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall”.
- Click on the ”Change settings” button.
- Now, locate these 2 processes and enable them for both private and public networks:
- Outlook.exe (for Outlook)
- Msimn.exe (for Outlook Express)
- Once you’ve done this, confirm changes and restart your PC.